More good news for Canadians wanting to go on vacation
The Canadian travel restrictions have been relaxed again. After April 1st, 2022, travelers arriving in Canada who are fully vaccinated will no longer need to take a COVID test prior to arriving. This eases the burden on travelers on vacation. They can now save the expense and worry of taking a test to return home.
Although the need to test has been removed Canadian travelers are still required to complete the ArriveCan app information and may also be selected for a random test on arrival.
Partially vaccinated or unvaccinated travelers aged 5 or older are still required to take a pre-arrival test.
Note that the definition of fully vaccinated is :
- Had 2 doses of an accepted vaccine
- Have received the second vaccine at least 14 days prior to arrival in Canada
- Have no symptoms of COVID-19
- Have completed the entry requirements and uploaded vaccine proof via ArriveCan
- Have an ArriveCan receipt with either an I, V or A beside your name